Ecommerce Trends for 2023
February 1, 2023
The ecommerce industry is constantly evolving and it can be hard to predict what trends will captivate the new year. With the help of data and consumer behavior from 2022 - we’ve pulled the five ecommerce trends your business needs to know for 2023:
- Mobile Ecommerce: The use of mobile devices for online shopping will continue to grow, and is expected to make up for 43.4% of total retail ecommerce sales in 2023. Businesses will need to optimize their mobile sites and apps to ensure that they provide a seamless experience for customers across multiple devices.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML): AI and ML will play a bigger role in ecommerce in 2023, enabling businesses to personalize their customer experience, automate tasks and make more accurate predictions about customer behavior.
- Social Media Ecommerce: Social media platforms will continue to be a major driver of ecommerce growth in 2023. Platforms like Instagram, Facebook and TikTok have been working to make it easier for businesses to sell products to their customers directly from social accounts.
- Increased Emphasis on Sustainability: As consumers become more aware of the impact of their purchases on the environment, ecommerce businesses will need to focus on sustainability. This means businesses will need to optimize their operations to meet the growing demand for eco-friendly products, packing and corporate practices.
- Immersive Commerce: Ready for the metaverse? In 2023, ecommerce is expected to see the rise of immersive technologies like virtual and augmented reality, which will enable businesses to create more engaging and interactive shopping experiences for their customers while visiting their ecommerce stores.
As the ecommerce industry shifts to meet modern needs, staying up to date on your omni-channel strategy is more important than ever.
Is your Shopify Plus store optimized for 2023? Contact PIVOT to stay ahead of the curve.
— Related News
Ready to PIVOT?
We'd love to work with you and your brand and build something exceptional!Contact Us