Does your Ecommerce Business Need an SMS strategy?
February 21, 2023
Ecommerce businesses are constantly looking for new ways to reach customers and drive sales. One powerful tool that businesses may want to consider adding to their marketing strategies is SMS, or Short Message Service.
We’re breaking down some of the benefits of using SMS for ecommerce marketing, and how it can help ecommerce businesses achieve their business goals:
- High Open Rates: One of the biggest advantages of SMS is that it has an incredibly high open rate of 98% compared to email. This means that branded SMS messages are almost guaranteed to be seen by your consumers. This can be especially valuable for sending time-sensitive announcements, promotions or alerts about new products.
- Personalization: SMS allows for personalized messaging on an individualized basis. This can help businesses build stronger relationships with customers by creating a more engaging and personalized shopping experience. Personalized messages can also increase customer loyalty and repeat business.
- Targeted Marketing: Like email, SMS marketing also allows you to segment your customer base and send targeted messages to specific groups of people. For example, you can send a promotion to customers who have abandoned their shopping carts or send a reminder to customers who haven’t made a purchase in a while. This targeted approach can be much more effective than traditional mass marketing, and have a higher likelihood of being opened compared to an abandoned cart email.
- Cost-Effective: SMS is one of the most cost-effective forms of marketing. It is relatively inexpensive to send a text message and it doesn’t require the same resources as other marketing channels like social media, paid advertising, or email campaigns.
- Easy to Track: SMS makes it easy to track and measure the success of your campaigns. By including a unique code or link in your SMS messages, you can track conversions and see how many customers have responded to your offer, allowing you to optimize and improve your strategy over time.
In conclusion, SMS messaging is a powerful and cost-effective marketing tool that can help ecommerce businesses drive sales and build stronger relationships with customers. By adding SMS to your marketing strategy, you can reach more customers, increase conversions and track your results easily. With high open rates and personalization, SMS is a great way to communicate with your customers and boost your marketing efforts.
For more tips on how to improve your ecommerce strategy, click here.
— Related News
Ready to PIVOT?
We'd love to work with you and your brand and build something exceptional!Contact Us