Ecommerce businesses are constantly looking for new ways to reach customers and drive sales. One powerful tool that businesses may want to consider adding to their marketing strategies is SMS, or Short Message Service.
We’re breaking down some of the benefits of using SMS for ecommerce marketing, and how it can help ecommerce businesses achieve their business goals:
- High Open Rates: One of the biggest advantages of SMS is that it has an incredibly high open rate of 98% compared to email. This means that branded SMS messages are almost guaranteed to be seen by your consumers. This can be especially valuable for sending time-sensitive announcements, promotions or alerts about new products.
- Personalization: SMS allows for personalized messaging on an individualized basis. This can help businesses build stronger relationships with customers by creating a more engaging and personalized shopping experience. Personalized messages can also increase customer loyalty and repeat business.
- Targeted Marketing: Like email, SMS marketing also allows you to segment your customer base and send targeted messages to specific groups of people. For example, you can send a promotion to customers who have abandoned their shopping carts or send a reminder to customers who haven’t made a purchase in a while. This targeted approach can be much more effective than traditional mass marketing, and have a higher likelihood of being opened compared to an abandoned cart email.
- Cost-Effective: SMS is one of the most cost-effective forms of marketing. It is relatively inexpensive to send a text message and it doesn’t require the same resources as other marketing channels like social media, paid advertising, or email campaigns.
- Easy to Track: SMS makes it easy to track and measure the success of your campaigns. By including a unique code or link in your SMS messages, you can track conversions and see how many customers have responded to your offer, allowing you to optimize and improve your strategy over time.